Policy Number: MA01
Background & purpose
This policy sets out how Marantali Pty Ltd ACN 154 344 724, its related companies and managed syndicates and trusts (“Marantali”, "we", "our", "us") collect, use, disclose and manage your personal information and how Marantali complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("Privacy Act").
Marantali has appointed a Privacy Officer. If you have any queries or complaints regarding your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact details listed below.
What personal information do we collect?
Marantali provides a range of services on behalf of the organisations that it manages.
The types of personal information collected by Marantali depend on the particular services you use or request. The information may be collected by Marantali in its capacity as manager of an associated company; as responsible entity for a managed investment scheme; or as a developer or real estate agent.
We may collect information such as:
- your name, date of birth, gender;
- contact details including your, physical address, email address and telephone number;
- bank account and credit card details;
- information to verify your identity;
- information relating to your income and credit-worthiness;
- your employment history, if you apply for a job with us;
- details of products and services that we have supplied to you, or you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- information about you and your family and any characteristics, preferences or requirements that are relevant to the products and services that we may provide to you;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence or otherwise. That information may include information regarding what web pages you access;
- information you provide to us through our representatives or customer surveys from time to time; and
- if you invest in our syndicates, trusts or in the listed entity, information relating to you and your investment.
How do we collect your personal information?
Marantali may collect your personal information using a variety of methods, including:
- through your access and use of our corporate or estate websites;
- through your participation in surveys, questionnaires, competitions and promotions run by or on behalf of Marantali;
- during conversations between you and our representatives, including sales representatives;
- when you make an enquiry;
- when you complete an application for securities in our syndicates or trusts; or
- when you make an offer to acquire a property from one of our estates.
The information collected will generally be used to complete either a written or on-line form. If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
We may also collect personal information from third parties including from our related companies and managed syndicates and trusts, and third-party companies such as credit reporting agencies and government entities.
For what purposes do we handle your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to provide you with an appropriate product or service. Other purposes for handling your personal information include:
- To maintain our syndicates’ and trusts’ registers of security holders;
- To facilitate distribution of payments and corporate communications (including annual reports, notices of meetings, quarterly operational updates) and other important information that we may wish to communicate;
- To send marketing communications to you, including by way of email, phone call or short message service (SMS) communication, to inform you of new estates and developments that might be of interest to you;
- To send you marketing communications to inform you of new investment opportunities in a new company syndicate or managed investment scheme; and
- To otherwise run our business.
If at any time you would like to opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can contact our Privacy Officer whose details are below.
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
The types of persons, agencies and entities we typically disclose personal information to include (but are not limited to):
- our suppliers, contractors, organisations that provide us with technical and support services and our professional advisors; and
- our related entities (who may use and disclose the information in the same manner we can).
We may also disclose your personal information in accordance with any consent you give or where disclosure is authorised, compelled or permitted by law.
If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser, and contains anonymous information such as a unique identifier, the site name, and other non-personal information. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences, but can also be used to enable companies to target their advertising or marketing messages based, for example, on your location and/or web browsing habits. Cookies do not, by themselves, contain information that personally identifies you (such as your name, address, or email address). However, cookies can be used to identify that you have provided such information via an online form, and this can be associated with a company contact record.
Cookies are stored on a computer's hard drive, but a cookie can't read other information stored on a user’s hard drive, or get a user's e-mail address, etc. Cookies can only store data that is provided by the server or generated by an explicit user action.
Overseas transfers of personal information
How do we protect personal information?
Personal information is mainly held in secure electronic databases, paper-based files and other records. We use a range of physical and electronic processes in seeking to ensure the security of personal information that we hold. Our staff, contractors and others to whom we choose to disclose personal information are required to maintain confidentiality over personal information we hold. We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
How can individuals access or correct personal information we hold?
You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information which we hold about you and to advise us of any inaccuracy. There may be some exceptions to this, but we will let you know at the time you request access or a correction. To make a request to access or correct information we hold about you, please contact the Privacy Officer. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If we refuse your request to obtain any of your personal information or to make a correction, we will let you know our reasons for doing so in writing.
How can individuals lodge a complaint?
If you believe that Marantali has interfered with your privacy, or breached the Privacy Act, please communicate your complaint in writing to the Privacy Officer.
When the Privacy Officer receives your complaint, Marantali will seek to respond promptly to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response we encourage you to contact the Privacy Officer who will advise you about further options, including, if appropriate, contacting the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
All correspondence and privacy related queries and concerns should be directed to:The Privacy Officer
Level 17, 31 Queen Street
Melbourne Victoria 3000
Register today to receive the exclusive Olivia brochure
Thankyou for registering.
Thank you for registering your interest in the beautiful new master planned community Olivia. You will now be the first to hear the latest Olivia news, including updates on upcoming land releases and everything exciting that’s happening in the area.
Our sales representative will be in touch shortly to provide you with further information on this exciting new community.
You're already registered.
Seems your email address is already on our systems.